Red & Green

Happy Holiday Colors Week! I love a reason to wear holiday color combos. It's so festive and joyful!

Let's talk for a moment about the idea of wearing comfortable (read: orthopedic) shoes. I was just informed by my podiatrist on Thursday afternoon that I should really be wearing sneakers (with orthotic inserts) to work. Ummmmm. No. I told him that was not going to happen. Not only is it completely inappropriate for me to wear sneakers to work (like most people in professional workplace settings), but now that I've added stylist to my resume, I will not be wearing sneakers to any other place but the gym. (Looks like it's time for a second opinion from another doc.) So, enter the Danskos. I bought these babies back in 2011 after the initial appointment with my first (and now retired) podiatrist. I cried in my car after that first appointment when he told me I should never wear heels again. (Bahahahahahahaha. Laughing all the way to foot surgery, apparently.) Anyways, these Danskos have saved me over the years and I will defend them until the end. They may not look the most perfect, but I find that when I cover them with a bootleg trouser, I can get a good, semi-fashionable outfit out of them. And when my feet are in pain, a semi-fashionable outfit is darn well good enough. Top it all off with some lipstick and I'm good to go.


 Blouse: Thrifted
Pants: Thrifted
Shoes: Danskos
Scarf: Target





I don't know why, I just like this picture

Comments

Popular Posts