C'est La Vie

I love the creativity that I am afforded every day in choosing my outfits and getting dressed. Today, I played with different proportions. Length and cut and shape and fit. I find proportions to be really fun, but also kind of intimidating. They can look either really good or really bad. With this look, I balanced a cropped (boxy) sweater with a longer (but not too long) chambray shirt and paired them with a slimmer pant for a balanced silhouette. Then I went with a textured loafer to offer some preppy flair and a bit of shine. (The loafer also has a longer toe to continue the illusion of longer legs.) My general rule of thumb: If you're gonna go flowy on the top, you gotta show your shape on the bottom. Since I have rounder hips, I typically look better with a tight top and a bottom that floats away from my hips and butt. But every so often, I like to switch it up. 'Cause...c'est la vie, right?

YEP. C'est la vie.


Sweater: Thrifted
Chambray: Nordstrom
Shoes: JCPenney
Necklace: similar





My smoking slippers didn't really hold up in the rain today

Comments

Popular Posts