Prepster

Happy Thanksgiving Eve! 

I chose a basic (preppy, in fact) color palette today in an updated silhouette. Usually, I'd tuck my shirt in so that you can see my leg line, but this shirt curves upward on the sides (similar to a baseball tee) and therefore, you can clearly see the sides of my legs and the length of my body. In other words, it doesn't cut me off and make my legs look stumpy. This shirt was a no-brainer: I bought it last night at Target and, contrary to my shopping partner's opinion, horizontal stripes are NOT the enemy! In fact, when the fit is right, they can very well be our friend! The neckline also gives me length and the 3/4 length (tight) sleeves show that my arms and my body are smaller than the blousiness of the shirt fully shows. A pop of red lipstick and a crooked topknot are all I need to make it look like I just got out of bed like this. (I didn't.) Hope you have a great holiday!


Shirt: Target
 Pants: similar
Boots: Frye
 Necklace: Etsy







Comments

Popular Posts