Two fer One

I didn't have a chance to post last night, so it's two for one tonight. Truth be told, I'm going through a bit of a sad patch. There's a lot of heaviness in my heart right now and I'm not sure where it's coming from. If I've learned anything about life so far, it's that feelings are fleeting and it's best to honor them while they're around, so I'm trying my best to do just that.

This week is Mixing Patterns Week and it's one of the most challenging weeks for me thus far. I have a really, really hard time mixing patterns and prints. I feel very vulnerable while doing it -- not confident at all -- so it helps me remember what others feel like when I'm pushing them way out of their comfort zone during a consultation. When it comes to clothes and styling, I've felt invincible for a long time, so it's always a good thing to feel humbled again. I guess we're always learning and growing, right?

On Monday, I started my first day as a facilitator for our orientation process at Seattle Children's Hospital. I'll be on rotation to facilitate every 6 to 8 weeks or so. Since mixing patterns is quite hard for me, I thought it may not be the perfect day to start out feeling weird about my outfit. So, I postponed the start of Mixing Patterns Week to yesterday. 

Here's Tuesday's look: 


Blouse: Thrifted (vintage)
Skirt: Thrifted (unknown)
Shoes: Cole Haan pumps



The mixing. Makes me so uncomfortable!



Last night's sunset. Days are slowly getting longer...!

Here's today's look:


Shirt: H&M
Vest: TJ Maxx
Pants: Thrifted
Shoes: Target



I love this print. These pants are like sweats!

Fake smile. Sometimes, you just gotta fake it till you make it.

A beautiful Valentine's display at an outdoor mall near my work

Comments

Popular Posts