Autumn

Happy 1st Day of Fall! I wore a new scarf today, drank my first pumpkin spice latte of the season, and took a long walk on this beautiful, crisp, perfect fall day.

New scarf :) Thanks Yvette!

First PSL this season

Since I've taken a hiatus from my Wardrobe Theme Weeks, I also thought I'd take a little break from blogging, too. Sometimes it's nice to step away from something and then come back to it after a little while. It feels fresher, lighter, more meaningful. The change in the seasons makes me want to reexamine my life -- where I spend my time and money, what I choose to do with my days, who I want to hang out with most often. It's a good reminder that I get to decide what works for me and it doesn't have to be the same all the time. I can change, just like the seasons do.

Can I share some photos with you? I don't know when I've ever asked to do such a thing, but it seemed appropriate, as if we are having a conversation through my blog...

Outfit photo!

Red lips and half a pompadore

 My dear friend Annie B and I went to dinner (long overdue for her 30th bday) at this lovely little restaurant in Ballard called Ristorante Picolinos and it was SO amazing! We had the most delectable ravioli I've ever eaten -- it was something like brown butter sage and oooommmmgggg, it was so good.

Isn't she the CUTEST? And the best dinner date!

Doesn't look like much, but it was homemade goodness

On Saturday, I baked alllllll day for my dear friend Yvette's bridal shower. I literally spent 4 very enjoyable hours baking coconut chocolate chip scones and quiche lorraine and coconut cupcakes and pumpkin bread. It was relaxing and therapeutic and mindless and lovely. 

 I went to the market to get some flowers for decoration!

Look at all these goodies! Isn't it just lovely?

We were being so goofy!

Yvette and her mama

The Packers game on Sunday night was a nail biter! I was so stressed during the game. Jason and I didn't watch it together -- it's best for our relationship if we're separated so we can cheer in peace for our respective teams.

Monday was chilly, so I packed on the layers. The photo below amuses me -- I had on a tank top, a sleeveless blouse (with the bow), a sweater (with the furry neckline), and a jean jacket! I also wore a skirt with tights. I was totally covered! I was DEFINITELY warm...



I also may have bought another summer dress at Anthro...

I'm off to San Francisco this weekend to spend time with some of my girlfriends from college. It's been a while since we've all been together -- my wedding was the last time and that was 4 years ago! Time sure flies when you're over 30... :) I'm also gonna see my bestie and I think we're gonna try out this place ---> Mr. Holmes Bakehouse

Comments

Popular Posts