Savannah Wedding

Y'all, I reckon my dear friend, Amber, had the prettiest southern wedding last week. On Wednesday morning, I flew to Savannah, Georgia at the butt crack of dawn (seriously: my flight departed at 5am) and I arrived just in time for the rehearsal dinner. A special thanks to my cab driver who graciously let me change my clothes and do my makeup in her cab. Always wanted to do that.


This is the outfit I started in (note the flannel)

Middle America

Flyin' over clouds

Savannah land

Birds eye view of the shipyard right before landing

The wedding site. So pretty :)

My rehearsal outfit...ironically bought in Savannah last time!

She's gorge and one of the kindest people I know. On point with the brows, too

Thursday was wedding time! I didn't realize it, but I ended up doing the majority of her hair that morning and I also styled her photo session. It was a long and beautiful day!


Makeup time!

Figuring out where to place the veil

Finishing touches

The final look with her bouquet

Their first look

They're REALLY first looking ;)

Such love and happiness!


Seriously, it was a like a Vogue fashion shoot

That dress

Can you believe she MADE her veil? True story.

So lovely

In the sweltering heat

#models

Reception time!!

Their crest, African table runners, and WINE

My "I-got-ready-in-10 minutes" look complete w/Savannah frizz



We love each other.

Vintage reception dress. My favorite!

The night ended with a bang around 1am. They had such a fun dance party!! The next day, I went shopping. What else would you expect? Savannah has great shops! I've been there several times and I love to walk around the squares and the River Walk, sure, but I mostly want to shop. :)



True dat


After trying on lots of clothes and buying nothing more than a brie and apple sandwich for lunch (and macarons, I admit), we packed up the cars and drove south to Tybee Island which is basically the Georgia coast. First, I got a picture of the pineapple dress with the pineapple elevator. 


Our place on the beach in Tybee was so cute!


She's married now :)

My gear







That's pretty much the end of the trip. I ate breakfast the next morning and flew right out and back to Seattle.



I love cloud pictures :)

It was a lovely trip and I am so happy that I traveled to the other side of the country to see these two special people get married. Lifelong friends!

Comments

Popular Posts