Risky Business

Have you ever been in the fitting room at a thrift store (or anywhere, really) and, after trying on a questionable item of clothing, you've thought to yourself: "This is such a risk, but with the right shoes, I could totally rock this outfit." The skirt I wore today was absolutely one of those purchases.

Jason and I were in Quebec City, Montreal last summer during our EPIC road trip (you can read more about that here) and he agreed (just BARELY) to let me stop at this humungous, 5-story thrift store. 20 minutes, he said. Tops. I raced around the floors, frantic with excitement. We drove here -- IN A CAR --  so I could buy anything! Glass bottles, tennis rackets, strappy sandals, oversized men's tee shirts! They could all be mine!

In 5 minutes, I pulled about 15 items (no joke) off of the women's racks (plus a handbag or two) and proceeded to do my standard try-on-everything-in-front-of-a-mirror-in-the-middle-of-the-store-instead-of-a-shitty-cramped-dressing-room move. Pulled it all on right over the clothes. Right in front of all the people.

I found these amazing (handmade, I think!) butter yellow harem pants, a beautiful camel colored suitcase/handbag from the '60s (in perfect condition), and the unsuspecting skirt below. I don't think she knew I was going to buy her on that hot-ass summer day in July. But I did. And I love her. (Even if she is a few sizes too big and Jason hates her.)

Sometimes, risky moves in the dressing room (not like that! #gutter) can really pay off.




Comments

Popular Posts