It's All About Balance

Still Holiday Colors Week around here and I'm rocking around the Christmas tree. Today, I played with proportions and tried a different silhouette - one with layers instead of a defined waist. This is an advanced move and I don't usually recommend it unless you're super familiar with what works for your body and your proportions. If there's even the slightest thing off balance, it can make you appear much wider than intended. (That being said, you should play around and try it anyways! Who cares about judgement as long as you're creating!) I compensated for the baggier sweatshirt on top with a slim skirt on the bottom. The blouse peeks out beyond the top layer mostly to cover my butt (it's more work appropriate) and it also gives a nice pop of color in the front. I elongated the look with a pendant necklace so it draws your eyes in and down the length of my body, creating a longer, leaner line. The pointy flats continue that line all the way down to my toes. (If I had worn a ballet flats instead, my legs would appear shorter and stumpier.) Shoes really have a lot to do with creating and maintaining your leg line as does a defined waist and a v-neck shirt (or necklace as a substitute).


Shirt: Thrifted
Blouse: Target
Skirt: American Apparel
Shoes: TJ Maxx
Necklace: Thrifted







Comments

Popular Posts