Trending

Typically, I'm a bit tepid about new trends. I let them simmer for a while and then slowly integrate them into my wardrobe to see if they strike a chord. That being said, I feel like my relationship with culottes has already been ignited (and then quickly extinguished) in the early 2000s, so when they came charging back in this season, I felt VERY skeptical. A few weeks ago, I found a pair at a vintage shop in Vancouver for $24. They were black and featured a high sailor waist...and I felt that if I wanted to try them out again, now would be the time. So I bought them. And I wore them yesterday. And while I think I need to shorten them a bit (clearly, one needs to see my ankles so that I don't look like I'm wearing a maxi skirt that shrunk in the wash), I think I might like them...


Blouse: Thrifted (vintage) -- $6
Pants: Thrifted (vintage) -- $24
Shoes: Calvin Klein -- $60
------------------------------------------
Outfit Total: $90



CULOTTES!


Comments

Popular Posts