Catch Up

Like I said in yesterday's post, last week with my parents was fantastic. It was also Boho Chic Week, so my wardrobe was floaty and feminine and sweet for the week (and super fun)!

On Monday, I went with a floral skirt that I purchased at the Salvation Army in Chelan a few weekends ago while on vacation with Jason's family. Along with my cropped jean jacket, the proportions were just right and it was the epitome of boho chic.


Tank: Target -- $8
Jacket: Thrifted (Gap) -- $10
Skirt: Thrifted (vintage) --$3
Shoes: Kohl's -- $25
-----------------------------
Outfit Total: $46








That night, my parents and Jason and I met some of our friends at GasWorks park in Seattle. It was a hazy evening with a cool breeze and the view of the city was unparalleled. 




I changed. It was much too cold for a skirt!

On Tuesday, I threw it back to the '70s with my color scheme (camel and denim) and a floral headband. Oh, and Birkenstocks. Duh. I love the earthy colors together. I swear I spent a past life as a dancer in the '70s!


Blouse: Halogen -- $60 (on sale now!)
 Skirt: H&M -- $12 (on sale now!)
Shoes: Birkenstocks -- $60 (I bought at the Rack)
Headband: Gifted 
-------------------------------------
Outfit Total: $132







That night, Jason and my dad went to a baseball game. Ma and I? We shopped:



Boho Chic continued on Wednesday with a midi length skirt and a wash of neutrals. The milkmaid braids (two pigtails pinned to the top of my head) and the berry lipstick hit just the right note of bohemian with a modern touch.


 Tank: Target -- $12
Cardigan: Thrifted (Benetton) -- $6
Skirt: Thrifted (vintage) -- $5
Shoes: Calvin Klein -- $60
----------------------------------
Outfit Total: $83








Wednesday was a super fun evening because we went to the Seattle Symphony! Jason and I have never been. They played the score of The March of the Penguins as the movie played. It was incredibly moving and really fascinating to be reminded that a whole bunch of people and instruments are responsible for your range of emotions during a film!





This is how we beat the heat that night! It was so warm!
On Thursday, I went with a maxi dress which seemed to fit the Boho Chic theme just fine to me. I don't often wear long dresses to work, so when I do, it has to be for a specific reason! :) I tied a chambray shirt at the waist because 1) it's strapless and 2) it draws attention to my waist and 3) it makes my legs look longer (than if I just left it hang instead of tying it).


 Dress: JCP -- $20
Blouse: Halogen -- $60 (on sale now!)
 Shoes: Target -- $18
---------------------------
Outfit Total: $98






We went shopping that afternoon (I got my dad into skinny jeans and my mom into tight dresses!) and my dad made a delicious steak dinner that night. I'm telling you, butter + steak = holy lawd, so much goodness.


The skinnies

Bow chicka bow wow!




The app before dinner: My dad called it "Breakfast"

I didn't go to work on Friday (or Saturday or Sunday for that matter), but we had lots of fun hanging out!

We walked Jason to work on Friday morning

And went to breakfast with him

My mom and I took a walk near Lake Washington

My dad and his crystals

Regular visit to the market (with piroshkys in hand)

Blind lady at the self-check out

Iced dirty chai cheers on Saturday morning

Everyone got the pink and blue memo that day

Dick's for lunch #duh


My dad is a fake dj

BLTs on Saturday night

The last supper

We had a lovely time with my parents and were sad to see them leave!! XOXOXOXOXOXO.

Finally, I felt super sexy and super stylish in the outfit I wore today. I love the neutral whites/creams/golds with the pop of red in the skirt! So effortless, even with the kimono taken off...


Kimono: Similar -- $20
Blouse: Thrifted -- $6
Skirt: H&M -- $15
Shoes: Thrifted (DV) -- $8
-------------------------------------
Outfit Total: $49





Mixed lace with stripes for more visual interest



Oh, and I'm doing the 21-day meditation experience -- so far, so good. You should try it!

Comments

Popular Posts