My Cinderella Moment

I was doing a consult last Thursday night and we were at the Goodwill in Ballard (Seattle). I got there ahead of time to pull some clothes before my client arrived. I had finished up with tops and dresses, but my cart was getting too full to sift through any more clothing. So, although my client claimed she could never buy used shoes, I figured I would browse through the shoe section...just in case. You know, to do my due diligence. She's a size 7 and I'm a size 7, so it was convenient to pull shoes off the shelf and try them on...to see if they would fit her. As I was roaming and looking and trying and evaluating, that's when I saw them. There they were. Glimmering right in front of me. Beautiful black Salvatore Ferragamo pumps. Near perfect, virtually unworn, and utterly breathtaking. Surprisingly, I thought about my client first. Would she like them? Would she wear them? Would they fit? If yes, they would be the best shoe: Super durable, great quality, really versatile. She had to love them! She had to have them!

Fast forward 20 minutes and my dreams were dashed when she tried them on and they were just slightly too tight. A Cinderella moment gone wrong. NO! The Ferragamos would go back to the shelf at the Goodwill when clearly they belonged on someone's feet. Someone who would love them and adore them the way they deserved to be loved and adored. But wait! WAIT! Perhaps they would fit me? I mean, I suppose we could try...

They did! They did! They fit! They fit! It happened! It's true! The shoes! They fit! And so, I married the gorgeous Salvatore Ferragamos for a whopping $15 (normally $450) and we lived happily ever after. (Isn't that how it works?) See for yourself: 


Blouse: Nordstrom (similar)
Blazer: Thrifted (H&M)
 Shoes: Thrifted (Salvatore Ferragamo)




Whoa newscaster Kelly! Big hair, don't care.

The. Very. Shoes. Themselves! Ahhhhhhhhhh

I told you I told you I told you I told you I told you

Comments

Popular Posts