Birthday Stripes!

My birthday week has officially begun! And it has started off with a bang. First of all, SO MANY PEEPS AT WORK WORE STRIPES TODAY. 'Cause today is Birthday Stripes Week! In honor of my 32nd birthday on Wednesday, 4/22. I love stripes. And I love my birthday. I love making a big deal of it, I love being hokey about it, I love putting myself out there and laughing about how ridiculous I am about it. It's such a fun time to celebrate!

Today, I chose an old favorite. I love white pants all the time (I don't believe in the "no white pants after Labor Day" myth) and I especially love them on 70 degree days. This shirt is SO COMFORTABLE and easy and overall, I find stripes to be extremely wearable and very low maintenance...which means that you don't have to do much to stripes to make them look good. Usually, I recommend 3 pieces to an outfit to make it look complete. For example: Pants, blouse, and a jacket for women. (Take a look back at my outfits and tell me that the ones with 3 pieces look more "put together" or "finished." I certainly think so!) Or slacks, a polo, and a sweater for men. But with stripes, you don't always need a 3rd piece. Much of the time, the outfit looks complete without that extra layer. See for yourself:

I like the sportiness of the outfit without a 3rd piece!

Shirt: Thrifted (BDG) -- $8
Pants: Citizens of Humanity -- $180
Shoes: Thrifted (Gap) -- $8
----------------------------------------
Outfit Total: $196








For the second part of my day, Jason brought me on a secret date. He's got 3 secret dates planned this week: Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday. I love this shit! Tonight, we went to dinner at one of my favorite Italian places in Seattle. Then, we walked (!!) to Greenlake Park and found ourselves at Chocolati Cafe to taste test some chocolate truffles. Then, we drove to Kerry Park which produces one of the most beautiful views of the city. I told Jason that the night encompassed some of my most favorite things: Eating, walking, super nice weather, taste-testing, chocolate, and late night making out! (Just kidding on that last one) And now, I lay in bed wondering what tomorrow holds.

My Instagram from today featured a cookies as big as my head

And so the taste test begins

The sunset at G-Lake was pretty gorge

Feets in the grass

Ummmmm, thanks Kerry Park

Comments

Popular Posts