3-Piece Outfits

Welcome to Geek Chic Week in my world. Are you wearing your best geek chic? I am! I wore my new specs today complete with modified cat eyes and larger lens for better sight lines. They're a little bit hipster, a little bit rock & roll. Today, I paired a short sleeve cardigan sweater with a pastel blouse and taupe cropped slacks. Nude flats complete but don't compete with the look.

Have we ever talked about my tendency toward 3-piece outfits? I can't remember. I like to encourage people to wear outfits that are composed of 3 pieces - a top, a bottom, and a finishing piece. Everything we wear must have a top and a bottom, so people often go into their closets and they pull out a shirt and a pair of pants and they believe they have created a full outfit. Right? I would contend that while, yes, 2 pieces technically make up an outfit, a more intentional, stylish, and complete look is created with 3 pieces. Now, the 3-piece outfit rule doesn't always work in every case (such as when wearing a dress, for example), but it works for many occasions, for men and women, and for a variety of situations to look more polished and put together. Take a look through my last few posts and count how many are 3-piece looks. I would guess that at least 50% of my outfits are composed of 3 pieces (and the most recent ones probably feature my trusty new jean jacket that is SO CHIC for spring and summer).


Sweater: Thrifted (vintage) -- $5
Blouse: Thrifted (vintage) -- $4
Pants: Target (on sale) -- $15
 Shoes: Franco Sarto (Nordstrom Rack) -- $40
----------------------------------------
Outfit Total: $64







And then, I came home and put on my pajamas to make dinner. But they aren't just ANY pajamas:


Yes, they most certainly do

And an Archergram to brighten your day

Comments

  1. Well hello Thrifty McGee! I like your style & how you layered the sweater & blouse.:]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carmen! I love a good layered look -- layers are so fun to play with!! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts