One Year Anniversary!

This day last year was the first day I chose to *finally* launch a blog. And I'm so happy I did.

Tonight's sunset

The wardrobe theme for this week is sneakers! Flats in all shapes and sizes are super trendy right now and I'm LOVING it. What goes up (heels, stilettos, wedges, platforms) must come down (oxfords, sneakers, Birkenstocks, gladiators sandals) and I will take full advantage of the flats trend while it's alive and well.

Today's outfit was supposed to be just this "dress," but then I realized how inappropriately short it is (for pretty much everything save the beach) and I forced myself to put on jeans underneath. It's not my favorite, but it was necessary. I do think this outfit is a good illustration of layering: The jacket is a bit cropped and highlights my waistline while the "dress" (more like a tunic) is a bit longer. The jeans are tight enough to balance the slightly A-line shape of the dress, though I'd prefer leggings. And the sneakers ground it all. Thank goodness for those sneaks. As always, you can see a bit of my wrist and a bit of my ankle for proportional perspective on my frame. You know, showing off the good parts. 


Dress: Thrifted (Marc by Marc Jacobs) -- $25
Jean Jacket: Thrifted (Gap) -- $10
Pants: PacSun -- $30
Shoes: Old Navy -- $24
-------------------------------------------
Outfit Total: $89

This is soooo Sporty Spice

Love a good, short pony



Ponies are hard to photograph in a selfie

And lastly, dinner with my boo who's back from SF, a mirror selfie, and an Archergram for the saps.

Leftovers on the patio

Jason hates that the walls are full of hats

The cutest little boy there ever was

Comments

Popular Posts