Hair

Hey y'all! May is Mental Health Awareness Month and we represent by wearing green -- and thus, the Wardrobe Theme Week was born for May 11 through 15. I did a presentation yesterday (and did not wear green), but I did rep the green for today!

I bought this kimono blouse/cardigan thing last week because I loved the floral pattern SO MUCH (I'm a sucker for a floral print) but I don't think I've really found the trick in pairing it quite yet. These green jeans aren't quite right because they're more of a straight cut (versus a more modern skinny cut), so they look a little big on me and a little mom-jean-ish. That's not quite the look I'm going for. If the jeans featured more of a skinny cut at the bottom, then I could cuff them just a bit so you could see my ankle and I would look slimmer all around. (You can already see my wrists and my waistline which highlights the skinnier parts of my body.) In general, I think this kimono would pair better with all black underneath (black tank and jeans) or with a gray tank, cut-off jean shorts, and good old Birkenstocks. Hopefully, I'll be living in the latter allllllll summer long. :)


Tank: Target -- $12
Kimono: Nordstrom Rack -- $37
Jeans: Thrifted (NYDJ) -- $20
 Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell -- $130
-------------------------------------------
Outfit Total: $199





In other news, I got a new 'do over the weekend. I LOVE the cut. I did not like the color. I was going for more of a caramel blonde blend and instead I got this:

Sure it's cute, but it's not what I wanted

TOO BLONDE. It looks fine curly, but when pulled back, it was stripey. And I hated it! Drove me crazy. So I went back in to get it fixed tonight. Here's the progression of my hair since Saturday night:

After I had it done on Saturday night

The contrast of color at work today

Tonight, after it was fixed. The color is SOOOO much better

And finally, an Archergram to finish off the evening...

He's just too cute!

Comments

Popular Posts