Mint Green

You know when you wear mint green and then you blog about it and it makes you want mint chocolate chip ice cream real bad, but you happen to be in the middle of an elimination diet, so you can't have ice cream at all? That's how I feel right now. I'm PRETTY POSITIVE that mint chocolate chip ice cream would cure my headache.

It's Hair Week and I did a braid (though it didn't really show up very well and it reminded me that I need to work on my braiding skillz) and I feel like some of my creativity is coming back to me. I've been playing it a bit safe lately and I'm ready to be a bit crazier. So, tomorrow, I haven't planned my outfit. I'm just gonna let it come to me in the morning.

Today, I chose to wear what will probably be the last sweater of the season. It was dreary today and I took advantage. This sweater is SO '80s and I just love it. I balanced the higher neck with a simple long necklace to elongate the neckline and add a bit of shine to the sweater. I was going to wear this sweater with black jeans and pointy flats, but my creativity won over this morning and I went with the green skirt instead. The nude heels give it a much lighter, more summery look than black shoes would.


Sweater: Thrifted (vintage) -- $5
Skirt: Thrifted (Banana Republic) -- $4
Shoes: The Rack (Calvin Klein) -- $60
Necklace: Banana Republic (old) -- $18
----------------------------------------------
Outfit Total: $87









See the braid? I also added a black bow that's invisible



Comments

Popular Posts