Normal

Whenever I write blog posts, I try to think: What's the most interesting thing that has happened to me today? Or I wonder: What am I doing in the next week that sounds super bad ass and worthy to share with an audience?

Well, I'm not trying to Facebook fool you here. I don't live an extraordinarily exciting life every. single. day. The truth is that I'm pretty normal. I drive to work in the morning. I work my buns off (most days). I chat with my coworkers and build my relationships with them by laughing and agreeing that we're equally tired in the morning. I get pretty sleepy around 2pm and have an afternoon snack. I drive home. I'm mildly awake. Jason and I plan dinner and then we choose whether or not we'll watch the latest episode of So You Think You Can Dance. I hope to read. I blog. And, suddenly, it's 10pm and I scramble into bed.

Really, I don't want people to read my blog and think: Sweet Jesus, that girl is doing something all the damn time! 'Cause I'm not. Sure, I like to see my friends. And yes, Seattle can provide some pretty entertaining activities (especially in the summer and especially on the water). But I'm doing average things on most days. Work. Farmer's markets. Gym. Grocery store. And I'm definitely not one of those writers who can turn a regular old story of going to the bank into something everyone wants to read. Nope. Not me.

But, what I can do is show you what I wore for Sparkle Week today. Ready?

Whoa...big hair

Shirt: Thrifted
Necklace: Forever 21
Skirt: Worthington
Shoes: Cole Haan


The sparkle is in the necklace, people!

Comments

Popular Posts