The Cost of Comfort

Do you always like your outfits? I usually like mine, but sometimes, I default to comfortable. Don't we all? I don't necessarily mean that all the clothes I really like (and look good on me) aren't comfortable. They are! (Mostly.) But sometimes, comfort outweighs the desire to look really put together. Like wearing yoga pants under a long top versus wearing a pencil skirt with a non-breathable polyester blouse. Comfy cozy versus hot and sticky and a little squished. And then, sometimes, when I choose to be comfortable over glamorous or sweet or preppy or professional, I end up feeling low energy and kinda lazy. And then I don't really like my outfit anymore due to my mood. Today is one of those days.

So, while I'm within the parameters of Metallics Week (which is my main aim), I have taken the easy way out. I found this shiny taupe shirt dress in my closet last night and I've paired it with my long yoga pants. The epitome of comfortable. But also the epitome of blah?

I'm going to Hawaii this weekend, so you won't see me tomorrow or Monday or Tuesday. So much for blah! I hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend!




Shirt: Thrifted
Pants: Zella
Shoes: Nordstrom Rack



Comments

Popular Posts