Dark and Stormy

The weather is dark and brooding today. Quite uncharacteristic for Seattle summers. We had a lightning storm last night: I went into my yoga class just as the hot day was shifting into a beautifully warm night and I came out to harsh, heavy rain drops plummeting down to the pavement. What a relief! While Washingtonians huddled under awnings to wait out the storm, I ran right into it. Maybe it was the inspiring yoga class I had come from or maybe it was the fact that I wanted immediate reprieve from the day's heat, I'm not sure what drove me into the cold rain shower. In any case, thunderstorms in Seattle always remind me of my Wisconsin home and I wanted to welcome it. 

For those reasons, it felt particularly odd to fancy up for work today, but I did it anyways.


It's a sparkle surprise!

Blazer: Thrifted
Tank: Target
Skirt: Thrifted
Shoes: Thrifted

Aging out of this skirt FAST - look at that hemline! Too short.

New lipstick combo

Comments

Popular Posts