Nifty Thrifty

Have I ever mentioned how much I love to thrift shop? I mean, I love it. I LOVE it. I love love love love love it! I love it so much, I would marry it. It's one of my most favorite things to do. Road trip around the country? Only if I can stop at every single thrift store along the way. Wanna grab some ice cream? Perhaps we could linger at the Goodwill that's right next door? Hey, I need to shop for a dress! Well, we should definitely check the Salvation Army that's down the street. They have fabulous dresses!

Thrift shopping is a thrill, it's a game, it's a treasure hunt! It's penny pinching and recycling and finding bargains and discovering hidden gems and fashioning something new from something really old (and sometimes weird). It's one of my greatest hobbies! One of my fondest pastimes! Not only do I like it, but I'm also quite good at it. Tonight, I found an 80's mantilla wedding veil, 3 nearly new bestselling novels, a spiffy tie for Jason, a cute denim crop top for myself, and two full on outfits which will be gifts. All for $65. Check it. (Also, just to be clear, I've been poppin' tabs long before Macklemore was singing about them. Somehow, I feel like I've gotta make that disclaimer.)

Anywho, we're in the middle of Neutrals Week. I quite like what I wore today. Casual with a touch of elegance in the lace skirt. Holla:



Shirt: Target
Skirt: Thrifted
Shoes: Cole Haan



Add the bomber jacket when cold


Comments

Popular Posts