TBT Series

Since my outfits are always a work in progress and I also love the idea of starting a new tradition, I've decided to start a TBT (Throwback Thursday for those of you who are not up to date with the 2014 Instagram lingo) series in which I post an old outfit photos. I think it will be fun (!) and give good use to the 2+ years of photos that I took before starting this blog.

So, to kick off the series, here is my very first outfit picture taken in February of 2012:

Such an amateur with that outlet in the pic!

Haven't perfected the posing yet. Can't see ma face!

Haha! Slightly embarrassing, but we all have to start somewhere right? 

To close in on Neutrals Week, I went a little edgier with my clothing choice for today. I came up with it in honor of NY Fashion Week, but then, on my way to work, I remembered that it's 9/11 today and I should have went with something more patriotic like red, white, and blue.

I wouldn't recommend this look for those who feel challenged in fashion. It can be difficult to pull off an outfit with various layering and no defined waistline. It's my first attempt at the cropped sweater and long blouse with a skirt, but I quite like it and may venture into this unknown territory more often in the future.

It works because there is an illusion of a defined waist

Sweater: Thrifted
Blouse: Target
Skirt: Thrifted
Shoes: DSW
Necklace: Banana Republic


The long necklace draws your eye to the center of my body

And it breaks up the sharp crew neck

I went with liner under the eye for a messy, rocker look

Comments

Popular Posts