Mask Needed to Enter

Jason puked tonight. We're still not sure if it's food poisoning or a stomach bug, but all I know is that taking care of an adult is not the same as taking care of a child. Not only does a child have less potential quantity to vomit (smaller body = smaller stomach), but also, I don't have any children. I only have an adult. And so, I must care. Even if I don't want to. Even if it grosses me out. (It does.) Ah well, I suppose that is what "in sickness and in health" is all about. Oh dang you, marriage vows!

In other news, I am deep into spring cleaning right now. I am developing a protocol by which I purge the unused/unneeded/overly used/overly loved/overly worn/excitedly-thrifted-but-then-forgotten items in my closet and I'll share soon. Over the weekend, I thrifted, styled, I found myself a new pair of glasses. See below. An unexpected benefit of consulting on glasses as a stylist. (I still must pay for them; I'm not important enough to get super spendy things for free yet.)

Ever the studious-looking person in very fancy cat-eyes

This week is Florals Week and even though I came up with the theme, I found myself unexcited and uninspired when looking blankly at my closet last night. All at once, brilliance struck. I shall play off of the florals theme unexpectedly, like the floral appliques on this cardigan or a floral scarf or...or...! (See below for the floral appliques.) Not floral and yet still floral. If you know what I mean. (Soooo clever, Kelly. Most definitely amazeballs <---- In my mind.)

And so I totally made it work. I mean, I very seriously rocked this look. The tones are all in the same color family, the shoes make the outfit preppy and yet still fun. The polka dots on the structured blouse play off of the floatly flowers on the cardi. The kelly green skirt. The sunshine yellow top. The denim blue shirt. The beachy, I-don't-care hair. Minimal makeup. Tucked in and accentuating a small waist. Maximizing best assets. So perfect. One of my favorites. Swoon. If I could marry an outfit, I'd marry this one. Structured, reliable, built to stand the test of time, and yet still colorful, flirty, unexpected, and full of personality. Highlighting the best in me. Just the marrying type. I would definitely take care of this outfit when it's sick. Happily. I bet it doesn't puke as much as Jason.


Cardigan: Target
Chambray: Thrifted (Target)
Skirt: Thrifted (vintage)
Shoes: Thrifted (Nine West)




The polka dots kill me! The best.

Comments

Popular Posts